How our customers like to drink their mushrooms:
I drink mine with almond milk after an evening swim
I like drinking 8 mushrooms w/coconut milk in the morning
I drink 8 mushrooms with my protein shake
I drink 8 mushrooms and Lion's Mane w/oat milk or in coffee
Receive 8% off your first order, upgrade your mushroom knowledge and enjoy special offers.
We understand, you might be wondering...
Functional mushrooms are a type of medicinal mushroom that have a range of health benefits. They are also known as adaptogenic mushrooms, as they are thought to help the body adapt to stress and improve overall wellness.
Some of the most popular types of functional mushrooms include:
- Reishi: Known as the "king of mushrooms," reishi is thought to have immune-boosting properties and may help with stress, sleep, and overall well-being.
- Chaga: This mushroom is rich in antioxidants and may have anti-inflammatory properties. It is also believed to support immune function and improve skin health.
- Cordyceps: Cordyceps mushrooms are thought to improve energy levels and athletic performance, as well as boost immune function and support overall well-being.
- Lion's Mane: This mushroom is believed to have cognitive-boosting properties and may support brain health and memory. It is also thought to have anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting effects.
- Turkey Tail: This mushroom is believed to have immune-boosting properties and may also have anti-inflammatory effects. It is sometimes used alongside conventional cancer treatments to support the immune system.
- Shiitake: Shiitake mushrooms are rich in polysaccharides, which are believed to have immune-boosting and anti-inflammatory properties. They may also support heart health and lower cholesterol levels.
- Maitake: Maitake mushrooms are thought to have immune-boosting properties and may also have anti-inflammatory effects.
- Tremella: Tremella mushrooms are rich in polysaccharides and beta-glucans, which are believed to have immune-boosting properties. They may also have anti-inflammatory effects and support skin health.
A lot of those claimed properties comes down to a compound in the mushroom; the Polysaccharides, that seems to be able to function as a potent immune-modulator.
Adaptogens are active ingredients in certain plants and mushrooms. By affecting the neuroendocrine-immune system, adaptogens can impact how your body handles stress, anxiety, and fatigue.
In order to be considered an adaptogen when consumed in normal doses, a mushroom or plant must not be toxic. Your body has to be able to cope with stress thanks to it. It allows your body to return to balance (homeostasis
It can be added to your preferred beverage - coffee, cacao, matcha latte or as a standalone option - for example the mushroom latte:
- Add 2g of “8 Mushroom Extract” or "Lion's Mane Extract" (approx. 1 teaspoon)
- 200-250ml warm milk (preferably oat mylk)
- Blend with a milk foamer and enjoy.
We encourage you to try your own mushroom recipes and use #mushroomalchemy to share them with us.
The supplement dose is between 1-2 grams, and 2 grams a day shouldn't be exceeded.
Side effects are reported in studies to be extremely rare, but we know that excessive use can perhaps upset stomach (as it influences your microbiome).
The fruiting bodies and mycelium in functional mushrooms have different health benefits and bioactive compounds. Fruiting body is the part of mushrooms that you can see above the ground. Fruiting bodies are therefore slower to produce and more expensive to grow than mycelium - the below-the-ground part.
For example Reishi takes about 6-8 months to grow before it can be collected.
In this case, the mycelium products may have less mushrooms and therefore have fewer health benefits.
We use fruiting bodies in all of our mushrooms (8 Mushrooms Extract and Lion's Mane Extract), except for Cordyceps sinensis in the 8 Mushroom Support. In order for Cordyceps sinensis to produce its fruiting body, it needs a caterpillar as a host on and infest to grow on, making it non-vegan and very rare to find in nature, as well as one of the most expensive mushroom in the world. (Costing about 18,000 EUR per kg).
We wanted to include Cordyceps sinensis in our product and so it becomes the only mycelium based mushroom in Mushroom Alchemy.
No, but if you asked us – medicinal mushrooms are pretty magical 😉
It is important because the extraction process makes up for the enzymes humans don’t have to get the full benefits of all the mushroom compounds. Those compounds are primary water-soluble or alcohol-soluble and they will become available after extraction.
When ordering an extracted product you receive a highly concentrated product in the compounds that are healing in mushrooms. Compared to a mushroom powder (approx. 10 times more!).
It is our aim to find the best of the best quality products. We have only found one place that fulfills our high standards for how we would like the mushrooms to be sourced/ forged/ grown. Cultivated according to tradition and following their natural growth process - as they would have in nature.
Traditional Chinese Medicine has used functional mushrooms for thousands of years. Naturally then, China has the most experience in the cultivation and processing of medicinal mushrooms.
The mushrooms we use in both of the products are organically cultivated on a family owned farm in China, far from the city agglomerations. The farmers with whom we work have been growing mushrooms for generations. Therefore, they grow each mushroom in accordance with its natural growing conditions using special chip woods, which varies for each mushroom, amount of sunlight or heat drying processes. Here is a link to learn more about the sustainability of the farming.
All mushrooms are grown on the farm except for Chaga which is forged in the wild.
Each batch of mushrooms is tested by a German laboratory partner, who also inspects the farm on a regular basis and ensures quality. Together with the German laboratory we ensure only the finest quality of product.
If you need laboratory quality results, please do not hesitate to contact us.
All batches are organically certified in Europe and lab tested in Germany.
- % of Polysaccharides (We have minimum 30% )
- Physical Control (Smell, Taste, Appearance, Particle size)
- Chemical Control (Loss on Drying, Ash)
- Heavy Metal (Lead, Mercury, Cadmium)
- Pesticides - Complying with European standards: Carbendazim and benomyl, 2-phenylphenol, Metalaxyl and metalaxyl-M, 2,4-D, Acetamiprid
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (Sum of Benzoapyren, Benzanthracen, Benzo(b)fluroanthen and Chrysen)
- Microbiological (Total viable count, Yeast and Mould, Salmonella, E.Coli. Staphylococcus)
This product is not irradiated and is non-GMO
This product is BSE/TSE free
The extracts best before use date is about 3 years. Our current batch expires in 2024 and 2025 depending on the product.
There is no available research for or against children eating functional mushrooms. Our product has not been tested on children.
Our product has not been tested on animals, and we therefore cannot provide you with a safe dosage for your furry friend. Please consult your veterinarian.
Our office cats however says that they sneaks a bit into their food every now and then ensuring they limit their vet visits 😊